A 65 year old man presents to the ED with “fast heart beat”. He rhythm is found to be ventricular tachycardia. He is initially stable. He then becomes hypotensive and develops chest pain. As the learners are preparing to cardiovert, he loses his pulse. The learners will review the tenants of good quality CPR before defibrillating the patient. After defibrillation, he will regain his pulse.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
A Facilitator Debrief slide set is provided below. These slides have been created for junior learners to augment your discussion with visual aids (ex: videos, essential doses). You can navigate through the slides you feel are relevant as guided by the learners’ questions. The debrief is not intended to be didactic.
Case Written By:
Dr. Sarah Foohey, modified from a case from EMSimCases.