26 year old male who presents with paranoia. He is found to be tachycardic, hypertensive, and hyperthermic. His presentation is secondary to acute methamphetamine intoxication. Learners will aim to de-escalate the ED encounter, discuss appropriate chemical/physical restraint use for this patient, encounter one of the medical complications of the sympathomimetic toxidrome, and safely provide informed discharge for the patient with IVDU.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case Written By:
Victoria Forcina (MD Candidate 2022). Reviewed by Dr. Sarah Foohey.