A 23 year old woman presents with “heart racing” and is found to be in SVT. She is initially stable and learners can trial vagal maneuvers and medications. She then becomes hypotensive and learners should proceed with cardioversion. When they complete the cardioversion, they can “use” the machine like this:
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
A Facilitator Debrief slide set is provided below. These slides have been created for junior learners to augment your discussion with visual aids (ex: videos, essential doses). You can navigate through the slides you feel are relevant as guided by the learners’ questions. The debrief is not intended to be didactic.
Case Written By:
Dr. Sarah Foohey