- Send out Links
- Run the case
- Reset Room after case
1. Send out Links
- Share Link to Zoom Meeting. Can use one room and multiple breakout rooms.
- Share Link to the Google Slides “Room”. Change share settings to “Anyone on the internet with this link can edit”.
- Before sharing Google Slides Document – ensure title is something generic (ex: “Room A”) so you don’t give away the case!
- See Learner page for example video about how to introduce learners to the VRR
3. Run the Case
- Verbal Feedback:
- Introduce case with prompt. Answer questions about history and physical. Provide case updates as is appropriate.
- Vital Signs:
- After monitors have been applied, type in the VS in text boxes over monitors. Delete black box next to HR to reveal rhythm strip. Update VS as case progresses.
- When multiple rhythm strips are required for case – either layer them so they can be sequentially deleted or have strip readily available in facilitator document to copy and paste during case.
- Slides 4+:
- Hidden multimedia and investigations. When prompted by learner’s questions or actions – tell them what slide to go to and delete grey box to “reveal” finding.
- Tips & Creative Ideas:
- Have the learners do compressions using the toilet paper technique.
- Consider running audio of background noise through your audio. Example of audio here.
- If you want learners to have “staggered entry” to force them to handover – you can use waiting room feature in Zoom and allow them to enter at the appropriate time.
- If you want learners to call family members or consultants – you can given them facilitator phone number. Both facilitator and participant mute their audio during this “side conversation” via phone, and can then return to case.
4. Debrief Case
- Some facilitators have had success integrating videos into their materials or bringing equipment home for demonstration purposes
- If you are running your case with junior learners, consider using the following debrief slide to allow the learners to type out their “reactions phase”:
5. Reset Room After Case
- Google Slide -> File -> Version History -> See Version History
- See right sided menu “Version History”. Toggle to “Only see named version”
- Select your previously saved version -> Press yellow “Restore this Version” button -> Restore.