10 year old male with complex medical history (cerebral palsy) and tracheostomy with pneumonia is seen in a community ED with pneumonia. The child presents in respiratory distress and is hypoxic. He acutely worsens with a tracheal mucus plug and requires a tracheostomy tube change to improve. After tracheostomy change, his work of breathing improves, but he remains in cold septic shock. Sepsis improves with 40cc/kg IV fluids and antibiotics.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case modified from ALIEM EMReSCu Sim curriculum by Dr. James Leung and Dr. Rebekah Burns. Virtual Room created by Sarah Foohey.