A 5 year old girl presents to the ED feeling unwell with a URTI and is found to be in SVT. She is initially stable and learners can trial vagal maneuvers and medications. She then becomes hypotensive and learners should proceed with cardioversion. Learners will be expected to use the Broselow tape and/or her age to determine the appropriate dosing.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case Written By:
Dr. Quang Ngo, McMaster.