Mr. Best is a 59 year old who called EMS after having multiple episodes of frank hematemesis. He is hypotensive but conscious with EMS, but en route to the ED his LOC declines. Shortly after arrival in the resus room, he loses his pulse. Learners must manage his PEA arrest. After Epi is given twice, they are again able to palpate a pulse. The learners must then manage his hypotension in the context of blood loss and presumed UGIB.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case Written By:
Dr. Sarah Foohey. Modified from case written by Dr. Shelton and Dr. DeSousa from the Sunnybrook Canadian Simulation Centre.