After the precipitous delivery of a term pregnancy in the emergency department, learners should care for this neonate using the NRP algorithm.
Our team used the rapid cycle deliberate practice technique to review the NRP management steps. This case could be delivered in sequence after the perimortem hysterotomy case.
Multimedia includes a photo and video of a floppy neonate. The virtual room includes a “warmer” where learners will have to select the appropriate settings and a slide that models the steps involved in placing a UVC:
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case Written By:
From SimSinai. Updated Jan 2021 by Dr. Maria Ivankovic.
Note: A different version of the case that has been modified from the ALIEM EMReSCu Sim curriculum can be found here.