A 6 month old girl presents with symptoms of croup. She has progressive hypoxia and respiratory distress, and ultimately requires intubation. Attempts at intubation are unsuccessful. She will ultimately require a surgical airway (needle cricothyrotomy) to secure her airway.
This virtual room includes audio of a croupy cough, gifs of respiratory distress, and a procedural model with integrated of the needle cric procedure.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case Written By:
The Hospital for Sick Children Simulation Team. Virtual Room created by HSC Sim Team, modified by Dr. Sarah Foohey.