10-day-old male brought in by EMS with tachypnea and poor feeding. The team should work to diagnose a PDA-dependent congenital heart disease requiring alprostadil (PGE1) infusion. The PGE1 infusion will result in a brief apneic period corrected by BVM.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case modified from ALIEM EMReSCu Sim curriculum by Dr. James Leung and Dr. Rebekah Burns. Virtual Room created by Sarah Foohey.