There are 2 ways to create a Virtual Resus Room:
- Copy and paste slides: use already created rooms, designed to run specific cases
- Create new slides: develop a new case by creating a new slides, using template “building blocks” provided
1. Copy and Paste Existing Slides
- Go to specific Case.
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”)
2. Create New Slides
The Building Blocks Slide Set includes all the materials you need to build your own Virtual Resus Room. These slides are view only – so to use them, just copy and paste them into your own, new Google Slides document.
- Create “background”: this is image that participants cannot interact with. Create the background you would like in another slide – take screenshot – insert as slide background. Can do this to create more polished product (for investigations, procedure slides etc)
- Adding videos and audio: Improve into Google Drive. Change share settings to “anyone with link can edit”. Then insert into Google Slides on appropriate page (insert – video – choose from drive)
If you prepare a room for a new case and would like to share – please get in touch so we can post it here!