Create your own Google Slide “room” for any Sim case you would like to run. This might take a little bit more time, but shouldn’t be too challenging once you get the hang of it.
- Create your own Google Slides document
- Use already-made slides: Copy and paste the slides you would like to add from the following view-only documents:
- Main Room (slide 1, consists of patient silhouette)
- Medications (medication tray, medication library)
- Airway (airway tray, glidescope videos, BiPAP model, HFNC model, cric slide)
- Physical Exam Findings (audio, video, photos, gifs)
- Procedures (IO insertion, UVC, Defib machine, hysterotomy, etc)
- PPE Slides (if you choose to include PPE order of donning as an objective)
- Create your own slides:
- Create “background”: this is image that participants cannot interact with. Create the background you would like in another slide – take screenshot – insert as slide background. Can do this to create more polished product (for investigations, procedure slides etc)
- Adding videos and audio: Import into Google Drive. Change share settings to “anyone with link can edit”. Then insert into Google Slides on appropriate page (insert – video – choose from drive)
- Consider adding gifs so video plays continuously/on a loop. Can easily convert a video to a gif using a website like this. Add gifs and images by clicking and dragging onto the slide, or using insert – image – choose.
If you prepare a room for a new case and would like to share – please get in touch so we can post it here!