62 year old woman presents with lightheadedness. Is found to be in atrial fibrillation. Is initially stable, giving learners the opportunity to do complete history and physical. Patient then becomes unstable, requiring the learners to proceed with cardioversion. A discussion about appropriate discussion for sedation for a hypotensive patient will likely be generated. The cardioversion is successful.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case Written By:
Victoria Forcina (MD Candidate 2022) and Shauna Jose (MD Candidate 2022). Reviewed by Dr. Sarah Foohey.