An 83 year old woman presents with fever and cough. She is found to be septic and hypoxic. She requires resuscitation with fluids, antibiotics, and pressors. She will have escalating oxygen requirements and ultimately require intubation.
The following slides are deliberately “view only” (since they are the master slides). To use them – you simply need to copy and paste the slides you would like to use into your own, new Google Slides Document.
How can you make your Virtual Resus Room using these slides?
- Click on link for Room
- This will open in a new tab as a “View Only” Google Slide document
- Google Slide -> File -> Make a copy -> Entire presentation
- Copy document pops up. Name case. Press Ok.
- Name slide set something generic like “Room A” so it doesn’t contain spoilers when you share with your learners!
- This will open new tab as your editable Google Slide document
- File -> Version History -> Name Current Version -> “Unused Room”
- This will save this untouched version of the room before the case starts (See “Resetting Room after Case” in “Running the Sim”:)
Case Written By:
Case from SimSinai collection. Updated for EM Cases Course Feb 2021 by Dr. Sara Gray, Dr. Yasmin Mawji, and Dr. Nick Clarridge.